Message from The Secretary
25th March 2021
To all members
A notification has been received via E mail from Bowls England 'Return to Play' which I feel is the most relevant to members at this time.
Should you wish to view the full transcript please follow this link.
‘On Monday 8th March we will be attending a Sport England briefing on 'Return to Play" with sport-specific guidance expected from the government via DCMS by Monday 29th March, which is the same day as Step 1 of the government roadmap. At Step 1 we expect affiliated clubs to be able to open and play to return based on the " Rule of 6" and from 121th April Step 2 is likely to allow outdoor catering on site, changing rooms to be open and the easing of travel restrictions. Step 3 from Monday 17th May means larger groups should be able to gather at clubs and inside catering to take place with restrictions and, finally, Step 4 from Monday 21st June should allow the easing of all restrictions.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL GUIDANCE. As soon as we are in a position to provide full, DCMS approved guidance for our affiliated clubs we will do. We are conscious there are lots of questions and we are as eager as you for them to be answered. Please be patient and bear with us’
Some of you will have received your 2021 subscription package with some due to be delivered over the following couple of days. The reduced subscription costs reflect the possible disruption of the early part of the season but we remain positive and look forward to your renewing your membership for the 2021 season,
Please take note of the enclosed message from the Kennet League committee and their decision regarding the 2021 season. Several clubs are dismayed at the decision
made without consultation, so Alan Bartter at Hungerford is proposing to re-introduce last season's very successful triples tournament involving Newbury, Thatcham and Hungerford.
The format will be the same as KLV with games played on Monday and Thursday afternoons from 10th May - 17th June to cover the period lost. If your response is positive we will attempt to enter as 2 teams playing on alternate dates.
At the moment all club friendlies, club competitions and county competitions are still on course to be played. Please let me know ASAP if you will be available for selection for the triples tournament.
Any questions or queries please let me know,